Join us for the 80th Anniversary of Operation Dynamo on our In The Footsteps® Intimate Group Tour.
Also known as the 'Miracle of Dunkirk', Operation Dynamo was the evacuation of more than 300,000 allied soldiers from the beaches and harbour of Dunkirk between 26 May and 4 June 1940. Discover this incredible story behind the evacuation which pays tribute to all the allied soldiers involved in the operation and who created 'The Dunkirk Spirit', a symbol of hope and resistance.
4 days / 3 nights Tour
Friday, 22 May 2020
Focus on BEF withdrawal
- Paradis massacre.
- Hazebrouck actions.
- Hondeghem actions.
- Lunch - under own arrangements.
- Cassel actions.
- Wormhout memorial.
Saturday, 23 May 2020
Focus on BEF Perimeter
- Bastion 32 Museum visit.
- East Mole.
- Malo les Bains Memorial.
- Leffrinckoucke - Fort des Dunes Museum visit.
- Zuydcoote hospital site.
- De Panne memorials and beach.
- Beach walk - shipwrecks.
- 12th FR Div Memorial.
- Nieuport actions.
Sunday, 24 May 2020
- Dunkirk Memorial
- Dunkirk Harbour
- See the Small Ships
Monday, 25 May 2020
Return travel day
- Check out of hotel.
- Morning in Dunkirk.
- Transfer to your agreed drop off location after lunch.
This itinerary is not set in stone and may be changed, as required, to facilitate attendance at the commemoration or for operational reasons.
The cost of your tour
The cost for our 4-days / 3-nights Battle of Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Tour is £950.00 GBP * per person.
A deposit of £285.00 GBP (30% of the total cost) is payable in order to book your tour. The final balance of £665.00 GBP will be due 8 weeks prior to your tour (27th March 2020).
A supplement of £85.00 GBP * applies where single occupancy is required.
Please note: The cost above is based on a minimum of 4 people per vehicle, sharing twin rooms.
Booking indicates your acceptance of our Tour Terms and Conditions
What your tour includes
- Full Services of a Battlefield Historian/Guide throughout the tour.
- Visits to all locations as agreed in the itinerary.
- Pick up and drop off an agreed location in the tour area.
- 3 star hotel accommodation in Dunkirk.
- Breakfast for 3 days.
- Museum entrance fees.
- Full administration and booking service.
- 24 hour on call UK Duty Manager Service throughout your tour.
What your tour does not include
- Lunches and evening meals.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
Your accommodation for your tour will be the 3 star Ibis Hotel, Dunkirk.
The Ibis is located in Dunkirk with just a short walk to the harbour & the shops. All rooms are twin bedded with an en-suite and have a tv, free wifi and heating.
Please make sure you are happy with the chosen hotel as changes may not be possible after booking.
Your Battlefield Historian/Guide is an established member of our team and is experienced in leading tours to the battlefields of the Second World War.
The Battlefield Historian/Guide will meet you daily at your hotel reception prior to departure.
Your money is safe. We are members ot the TTA and all monies paid to us are held in a trust account and cannot be drawn down by us until the tour is over.
Why travel with In The Footsteps?
- We have over 16 years experience in designing and operating Private Battlefield Tours, Battlefield Studies and Staff Rides.
- Our team of battlefield historians and guides are selected for their experience, depth of knowledge, enthusiasm and ability to tell the story in an entertaining and engaging way. The majority are accredited members of the prestigious Guild of Battlefield Guides. This means they endeavour to maintain high levels of good practice commensurate with the Guild's ethos.
- We operate a full booking, planning and design service.
- Office is open 24-hours a day whilst the tour is operating.
- Combined Employers and Public Liability Insurance (a copy can be supplied upon request).
Enquire About Your Battle of Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Tour Today
If you are interested in an In the footsteps® Battle of Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Tour click on the button which will take you to our Enquiry Form. On the form tell us that you want to book Battle of Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Coach Tour.