Join the In The Footsteps® Battlefield Tours 80th Anniversary Tour of Operation Dynamo, the Battle of Dunkirk.
Also known as the 'Miracle of Dunkirk', Operation Dynamo was the evacuation of more than 300,000 allied soldiers from the beaches and harbour of Dunkirk between 26 May and 4 June 1940.
On your In The Footsteps® Battlefield Tours 8th Anniversary Tour you will discover this incredible story which pays tribute to all the allied soldiers involved in the operation and who created 'The Dunkirk Spirit', a symbol of hope and resistance. This small group coach tour will have a maximum of 16 people and will allow your battlefield historian to have time to speak to each of you about the momentus events that took place when more than 300,000 Belgian, British and French troops, that had been cut off and surrounded by the German Blitzkrieg, were evacuated from Dunkirk by a hastily assembled fleet of over 800 vessels, many of which were the ‘small ships’, in just 8-days.
4 days / 3 nights Tour
Friday, 22 May 2020
- Pick ups.
- Transit to Dover.
- Ferry crossing to Calais or Dunkirk.
- Lunch on the ferry - under own arrangements.
- Check into hotel on arrival.
- BEF Campaign overview.
Saturday, 23 May 2020
Focus on BEF withdrawal
- Transit to Le Paradis.
- Paradis massacre.
- Hazebrouck actions.
- Hondeghem actions.
- Lunch - under own arrangements.
- Cassel actions.
- Wormhout memorial.
- Transit back to Dunkirk.
Sunday, 24 May 2020
Focus on BEF Perimeter
- Bastion 32 Museum visit.
- East Mole.
- Malo les Bains Memorial.
- Leffrinckoucke - Fort des Dunes Museum visit.
- Packed Lunch.
- Transit to Zuydcoote.
- Zuydcoote hospital site.
- De Panne memorials and beach.
- Transit to Nieuport.
- Nieuport actions.
- Transit back to Dunkirk.
Monday, 25 May 2020
- Check out of hotel.
- Transit to Bray Dunes.
- Beach walk - shipwrecks.
- 12th FR Div Memorial.
- Transit to Dunkirk.
- Dunkirk Memorial and Cemetery.
- Lunch in Dunkirk - under own arrangements.
- Transit to Calais/Dunkirk port.
- Ferry to Dover.
- Drop offs.
This itinerary is not set in stone and may be changed, if required, for operational reasons.
The cost of your tour
The cost for our 4-days / 3-nights Battle of Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Coach Tour is £485.00 GBP * per person.
A deposit of £145.00 GBP (30% of the total cost) is payable in order to book your tour. The final balance of £340.00 GBP will be due 8 weeks prior to departure (27th March 2020).
A supplement of £85.00 GBP * applies where single occupancy is required.
Please note: The cost above is based on a minimum of 12 people sharing twin rooms.
Booking indicates your acceptance of our Tour Terms and Conditions
What your tour includes
- Full Services of a Battlefield Historian/Guide throughout the tour.
- Visits to all locations as agreed in the itinerary.
- Pick up and drop off Cobham Services, Ilford, Maidstone Services and Dover Eastern Docks Ferryport.
- 3 star hotel accommodation in Dunkirk.
- Breakfast for 3 days.
- One packed lunch.
- Museum entrance fees.
- Full administration and booking service.
- 24 hour on call UK Duty Manager Service throughout your tour.
What your tour does not include
- Lunches and evening meals.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses.
Your accommodation for your tour will be the 3 star Ibis Hotel, Dunkirk.
The Ibis is located in Dunkirk with just a short walk to the harbour & the shops. All rooms are twin bedded with an en-suite and have a tv, free wifi and heating.
Please make sure you are happy with the chosen hotel as changes may not be possible after booking.
The coach capacity is for 16 people. Seat belts adhere to current safety standards and all coaches feature Commercial European Satellite Navigation Systems. Your coach will be supplied with one professional driver and the itinerary will fit within current driver hour regulations. Please ensure that this will meet your requirements.
We will be using P&O Ferries or DFDS on the Dover/Calais or Dunkirk route.
Your Battlefield Historian/Guide is an established member of our team and is experienced in leading tours to the battlefields of the Second World War.
The Battlefield Historian/Guide will meet you daily at your hotel reception prior to departure.
Your money is safe. We are members ot the TTA and all monies paid to us are held in a trust account and cannot be drawn down by us until the tour is over.
Why travel with In The Footsteps?
- We have over 16 years experience in designing and operating Private Battlefield Tours, Battlefield Studies and Staff Rides.
- Our team of battlefield historians and guides are selected for their experience, depth of knowledge, enthusiasm and ability to tell the story in an entertaining and engaging way. The majority are accredited members of the prestigious Guild of Battlefield Guides. This means they endeavour to maintain high levels of good practice commensurate with the Guild's ethos.
- We operate a full booking, planning and design service.
- Office is open 24-hours a day whilst the tour is operating.
- Combined Employers and Public Liability Insurance (a copy can be supplied upon request).
Enquire About Your Battle of Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Small Coach Tour Today
If you are interested in an In the footsteps® Battle of Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Small Coach Tour click on the button which will take you to our Enquiry Form. On the form tell us that you want to book Battle of Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Coach Tour.