Join one of our Expert Guides for a tour of the Battle of Dunkirk, Operation Dynamo. Also known as the 'Miracle of Dunkirk', Operation Dynamo was the evacuation of more than 300,000 allied soldiers from the beaches and harbour of Dunkirk between 26 May and 4 June 1940.
Your In The Footsteps® tour will visit the most significant sites of the evacuation of the BEF that took place at Dunkirk in 1040. Our expert guide will recount the events that occurred and tell you some of the true stories behind the epic films and television series that have been made about Dunkirk. You will discover this incredible story which pays tribute to all the allied soldiers involved in the operation and who created 'The Dunkirk Spirit', a symbol of hope and resistance.
The cost of your tour
The typical cost for a 3-days / 2-nights Battle of Dunkirk Flexi Tour is £850.00 GBP * per person.
This price per person are based upon:
- Two people sharing a twin/double room.
- A minimum of 4 people touring. If less than 4 people travelling we will produce a specific proposal for your consideration.
- Travel in a dedicate tour vehicle driven by our expert Battlefield Historian / Guide.
A supplement of £150.00 GBP * applies where single occupancy is required.
A deposit of 30% or £200.00 GBP per person, whichever is the greater, is payable on booking.
A supplement may apply for anniversary dates to cover any increase in the associated costs.
Booking indicates your acceptance of our Tour Terms and Conditions
* The costs may vary from those shown above due to the availability and selection of hotels and other associated costs, and variations in the exchange rate.
What your tour includes
- In-tour land travel only.
- 3-days escorted tour of the battlefields with one of our expert Battlefield Guides.
- Comprehensive touring of all the major battlefield sites, including many of the less frequently visited out-of-the-way sites.
- All museum admission fees.
- 2-nights accommodation at one of our 3-star partner hotels.
- The opportunity to visit specific cemeteries and graves within tour area (as agreed prior to your tour).
- The opportunity to discuss your battlefield travel plans with our expert team.
What your tour does not include
- Personal expenses.
All of our Flexi-date tours can have optional extras added to them. We can, for example, add any of the following to your tour: -
- Transfer to the battlefield area.
- Ferry crossings or Eurostar from the UK.
- Accommodation the night before the tour.
- Accommodation the night night after the tour.
- All inclusive.
- Additional days.
Customising your Flexi-date tour
All of our Flexi-date tours are fully customisable to allow you to see the sites that are most important to you. Where changes to the standard itinerary are made there may be an additional charge to cover the associated additional costs.
Enquire About Your Battle of Dunkirk Tour Today
If you are interested in an In the footsteps® Battle of Dunkirk Tour click on the button which will take you to our Enquiry Form. On the form tell us where you want to go, when and for how long.