+44 (0)1989 565599
In the footsteps... is a proud supporter of the Guild of Battlefield Guides.
Our tailor-made battlefield tour service is totally
flexible. You tell us where, when and for how long you want to go and
we tailor a battlefield tour to suit your needs. With an In
the footsteps tailor-made battlefield tour it is what
you want that matters. So whether you want to: -
- Follow in the footsteps of a specific American, Australian, British, Canadian, Indian, New Zealand and/or South African regiment, unit or military formation during the 1914-18 Great War, Second World War or even the earlier battles associated with the British Empire and Neapoleonic Wars.
- Follow in the footsteps of the French Army at the famous Battle of Verdun in 1916 or along the Chemin des Dames in 1917.
- Visit the major sites of the 1914-18 Great War battlefields of the Western Front at Mons, Ypres, Messines Ridge, Passchendaele, Vimy Ridge, the Somme and Cambrai.
- Walk along the American Beaches of UTAH and OMAHA; the British Beaches of GOLD, JUNO and SWORD and see the battlfields where the American Airborne and British Airborne forces landed to secure the flanks of the D-Day invasion.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Allied Armies as they advanced deeper into Normandy during the breakout and on to destroy the German Seventh Army at Falaise.
- Drive along "Hell's Highway" to that "Bridge Too Far" at Arnhem discussing the adacious and daring attempt to seize a crossing over the River Rhine during Operation Market Garden.
- See the medieval battlefields at Crécy and Agincourt or the Napoleonic battlefields of the Waterloo Campaign on a history tour.
- Pay your respects at the CWGC war graves and/or ABMC American Military Cemetery.
we can design a tailor-made tour specifically for you. Unlike many package tour companies who offer battlefield tours, at In the footsteps you get an affordable and tailor-made battlefield tour that gives you the flexibility to see the sights and visit the places you want to see not just those that the tour operator wants to show you.
An In the footsteps tailor-made battlefield tour puts you in control.
What does your tour include?
All of our tailor-made In the footsteps battlefield tours include the services of a dedicated tour guide and transport around the battlefield area. We can also take care of all other arrangements (excluding flights). We can: -
- Book your ferry crossings or Eurostar from the UK.
- Book your accommodation in one of our carefully selected hotels or B&B.
- Make your tour all-inclusive, full-board, half-board or Bed and Breakfast, whichever you wish.
- Arrange your pick-up and return to our UK port of departure or port of entry, train station in the tour location, airport, hotel or other agreed location whichever you prefer.
Whatever you want us to include we will, that which you want to do yourself you can. Our tailor-made In the footsteps packages are truly flexible giving you total control of your tour.
Arranging your tailor-made battlefield tour
To arrange your tailor-made battlefield tour with In the footsteps please click here to access our online tour enquiry form or email an outline of your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your enquiry is important to us and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a proposal to meet your requirements.