In The Footsteps can design a battlefield tour specifically for you. Unlike many package tour companies who offer battlefield tours, at In The Footsteps you get an affordable and tailor-made battlefield tour that gives you the flexibility to see the sites and visit the places you want to see not just those that the tour operator wants to show you.
Our tailor-made battlefield tour service is totally flexible. You tell us where you want to go, when and for how long, and we tailor a battlefield tour to suit your needs.
With an In The Footsteps tailor-made battlefield tour it is what you want that matters. So whether you want to: -
- Follow in the footsteps of a specific American, Australian, British, Canadian, Indian, New Zealand and/or South African regiment, unit or military formation during the 1914-18 Great War, Second World War or even the earlier battles associated with the British Empire and Neapoleonic Wars.
- Follow in the footsteps of the French Army at the famous Battle of Verdun in 1916 or along the Chemin des Dames in 1917.
- Visit the major sites of the 1914-18 Great War battlefields of the Western Front at Mons, Ypres, Messines Ridge, Passchendaele, Vimy Ridge, the Somme and Cambrai.
- Walk along the American Beaches of UTAH and OMAHA; the British Beaches of GOLD, JUNO and SWORD and see the battlefields where the American Airborne and British Airborne forces landed to secure the flanks of the D-Day invasion.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Allied Armies as they advanced deeper into Normandy during the breakout and on to destroy the German Seventh Army at Falaise.
- Drive along "Hell's Highway" to that "Bridge Too Far" at Arnhem discussing the adacious and daring attempt to seize a crossing over the River Rhine during Operation Market Garden.
- See the medieval battlefields at Crécy and Agincourt or the Napoleonic battlefields of the Waterloo Campaign on a history tour.
- Pay your respects at the CWGC war graves and/or ABMC American Military Cemetery.