Follow in the footsteps of heroes on
a tailor-made battlefield tour with In The Footsteps®
In The Footsteps design a battlefield tour, or a battlefield study for those wishing a more in depth academic approach, specifically to meet your needs. With In The Footsteps you get an affordable and tailor-made battlefield tour that gives you the flexibility to see the sites and visit the places you want to see not just those that the tour operator wants to show you.
Our Battlefield Tour Service
Our tailor-made service is totally flexible; you tell us where you want to go, when and for how long, and we tailor a battlefield tour or battlefield study to suit your needs.
With an In The Footsteps tailor-made battlefield tour / battlefield study it is what you want that matters. So whether you want to: -
- Follow in the footsteps of a specific American, Australian, British, Canadian, Indian, New Zealand and/or South African regiment, unit or military formation during the First World War, Second World War or even the earlier battles associated with the Medieval Wars, Napoleonic Wars and Wars of the British Empire.
- Follow in the footsteps of the British Empire and their Dominions in the major battlefields of the First World War on the Western Front at: Mons, Ypres, Messines Ridge, Passchendaele, Vimy Ridge, the Somme, Cambrai and more.
- Follow in the footsteps of the French Army in the World War 1 at the famous Battle of Verdun in 1916 or along the Chemin des Dames in 1917.
- Follow in the footsteps of the American Expeditionary Force in the First World War at Belleau Wood, Chateau-Thierry, Saint-Mihiel and the Meuse-Argonne Offensive.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Allied Forces as they came ashore on the World War 2 D-Day beaches of UTAH, OMAHA, GOLD, JUNO and SWORD at the beginning of the end of the Second World War.
- Follow in the footsteps of the American Airborne and British Airborne forces as they landed to secure the flanks of the D-Day invasion beaches in the Cotentin Peninsula in the west and between the River Orne and River Dives to the east.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Allied Armies in the Second World War as they advanced deeper into Normandy during the breakout and on to destroy the German Seventh Army at Falaise.
- Follow in the footsteps of Field Marshal Montgomery's Operation Market Garden driving along "Hell's Highway" to that "Bridge Too Far" at Arnhem discussing that audacious and daring attempt to seize a crossing over the River Rhine in an effort to shorted World War 2.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Red Army as they face the onslaught of Hitler's Forces in the east at Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad and Kursk.
- Follow in the footsteps of the American Army as they face the onslaught of Hitler's Last Throw of the Dice in the Battle of the Bulge.
- See the battlefields associated with early Medieval Wars and struggle for the crown of England following in the footsteps of Harold Godwinson and William the Conqueror at Stanford Bridge and Hastings.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Hundred Years War at Crécy, Poitiers and Agincourt.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Houses of Lancaster and York in the Wars of the Roses.
- Follow in the footsteps of the British and their allies as they fought the French across the battlefields of the Napoleonic Wars of Europe in the Peninsula War, Napoleon's advance on Moscow or during the Waterloo Campaign.
- Pay your respects at the CWGC war graves and/or ABMC American Military Cemetery.